Thursday, January 13, 2011

Was this a good idea? As if I am not already busy enough

Today I signed up for THIS exciting looking Block of the Month from Prints Charming. It is being 'hosted' (is that the right explanation for it?!) by Addicted 2 Fabric in Canberra. I got the second last spot, with the patterns to be posted to me. Canberra is just a tad too far to travel for this one!

I realised after posting my last blog that there were a couple of jewellery items I made as presents for people that I forgot to take photos of! :( Bummer. Oh well, maybe I can take some snaps if/when I ever spot the recipients wearing the items.

In other news, I just found out there is a craft store not far from me. Well, not 100% a craft store. I think it's a fashion/clothing store that also holds some classes on sewing. I must have driven past it dozens of times since I moved to my new place and didn't realise it existed until I got a random email from one of the owners asking if I could tell our Brown Owls members about it.

Speaking of Brown Owls, Amelie and Atticus and I decided on meeting dates for the first half of the year. You can find details HERE.

I think it is time now to add a random picture to brighten up this post.....
'Fred the Head', my office mascot, looks on in awe at the paperweight Mum made for me.


Off to the new Calico and Ivy store tomorrow (no buying, I promise). Happy sewing adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo...let me know what Calico and Ivy is like! Love Addicted to Fabric in Canberra!

    ReplyDelete