Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's Hot and What's Not Wednesday

Ahhhh Christmas time. So much fodder for WH&WN Wednesdays! I thought it was about time for a random posting.

What's Hot
  • Catching up on lost sleep for the year over the Christmas break
  • Books. Yep, they still rate up there. Just finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Highly recommended! Next few on the list include 'For the Term of His Natural Life' (Chrissy gift from the lovely James) and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (a loan from Darren). I also have a few more floating around in my place to read, if I haven't packed them
  • Moving back to the city! Yep, gonna be awesome living back in Sydney

What's Not

  • Getting too much sleep and eating too much over the break. I think catching up on sleep is actually not conducive to my energy levels (which are crap at the best of times!). I feel like I have been hit by a truck most of the time
  • Agreeing to do a book review for an academic journal at this time of year. Why, why, why did I say yes?!?! This thing is hanging over my head and is due Jan 16. I am still up to reading the intro, so god knows what the hell I will be able to review of it!
  • Packing. My place is a mess and I keep dreaming I won't get everything done in time for the removals. The other crap thing is trying to organise all the moving stuff, such as carpet cleaning, internet, storage, blah blah blah. On top of that I also have to find a place to live in (staying at the parentals initially)

I think there are lots more things, but I can't think of them now. Not falling asleep until 4am is affecting my already dull brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment