Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still alive

Okay, okay, yes I have been slack. I have been partaking in some craftiness, but I have been too busy to take photos and write an update. I also hate taking pics of my work at night, cause the lights here are hopeless, but I never seem to get any free time during the day so night pics will have to do!

So since my last update I have been up to a fair bit. Patchwork classes resumed, and I bit the bullet and with some help from my wonderful teacher (I am saying this without prompting, of course she doesn't read this blog... :P) I managed to get a handle on hand quilting.














I did a bit of quilting on the ends and round the flowers, but decided last night I needed to put a bit more in by putting crosses over every second square.















Hopefully I can finish it before Tuesday's class so I can start on a new project!

As well as the quilting I have also been doing my usual Thursday jewellery classes. The last couple of weeks we have been working with chain mail designs. Last week I made a bracelet and some earrings.























Tonight we did some continuation of the chain mail type stuff. In all of these pieces we had to make all the jump rings (the round wire sections) by wrapping the wire around knitting needles. The bracelet I made tonight is a real fave. Made all the rings, then linked them, then threaded some beads through the middle. Could be a good present idea for Xmas













So all in all despite being hectically busy at work, I have managed to get a few projects done :) With any luck work will calm down a bit and I will finish my other half finished projects, including my pin cushion (I have been a bit slack!)

And one final picture to end the blog. This is the cool design the barrista put on the coffee when Mum, Dad and I went to dinner in Bathurst. How cool is it?!?!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet....nice work...the green bracelet and earings remind me of OZ!! Also now I want a coffee....yum....

    PS this is Thouraya....won't let me sign in!

    ReplyDelete