Sunday, September 11, 2011

B'day Goodies

It was my b'day a few weeks ago and I scored some cool goodies. Thought I would share. Annoyingly, my point and shoot camera seems to have a blob in it and I can't get rid of it....so please ignore the blob!

My parents very kindly got me a piece of furniture for my place- a sideboard from Ikea to match my bookcases. I went to work one day and when I got home that night, voila, I almost bumped right into it! They snuck in and built it whilst I was out.
I have already moved my magazines and cook books into it.

They also got me this cool metal A. Mum and I are pondering whether to paint it...
Some of my friends also gave me some lovely gifts...
A Grug cake from Dave. I seriously did not want to cut him, I wanted to keep him forever!

Cool badge of dodgy looking character from Thouraya

Awesome bag from Elaine. She picked the colours and design personally!

A sweet little typewriter tote from Thouraya

The back of the tote...love the fabric

Lovely birdy and bead necklace from Brooke
Two of my favourite b'day cards were....
Funky

You can't see the writing, but I am sure it says Millie on there
I also decided to get myself a little gift. I am off to the US for work (and a bit of pleasure) in a few weeks. Whenever I go overseas I read WAAAAAAY too many books which means WAAAAAY too much luggage. So I have taken the plunge and got myself one of these.....

A KINDLE!
I have been a bit loathed to get one of these. I like REAL books with REAL paper. And I will continue to buy real books. But, for the purposes of travel, this seemed like a much more realistic thing to carry around. Last time I went to the UK I think I came back with 6 books, and when I was in Hawaii over 8 books. This is not good for luggage weight, and given I am heading to New York as part of my trip, I can think of other things to fill my luggage with (although, granted, books will probably still be something I buy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment